Office of the Academic Registrar
Location: Campus Highfield
Salary: £22,149 to £25,642 per year
Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Date of interview: be confirmed
We are looking for someone with relevant experience to join our Faculty Quality Assurance and Standards teams as an Administrative Officer. This team provides high-level advice and supports all regulatory aspects of the teaching and research programs associated with our five schools.
We currently have 1 full-time position in the Faculty of Social Sciences and 1 part-time position in the Faculty of Environmental and Life Sciences.
What will you do
You will work closely with senior CQA administrative officers, key academic staff and professional services colleagues. This dedicated administration team supports the Faculty in preparation for approval and review of new and existing undergraduate and postgraduate study programs, development of postgraduate research programs, communications and student representation, oversight of statutory and regulatory bodies, service of committees, and implementation of academic regulations and processes.
The main elements of the position will be to support Senior Administrative Officers in providing effective and efficient service to beneficiaries and stakeholders, applying detailed knowledge of systems, processes and regulatory frameworks. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Faculty academic staff and other Professional Services colleagues.
About you – you
- be an excellent team player with experience and a proven ability to work proactively;
- be well organized and adaptable, taking a positive approach in reviewing processes and practices;
- possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service is also required;
- have experience processing and analyzing complex datasets using multiple systems;
- be a proficient user of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
What can we offer you
- Generous holiday allowance of 20 days of annual leave increasing to 24 after 4 years plus 8 public holidays and 6 additional public holidays (closing days)
- Generous pension plan
- Excellent family-friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary sacrifice benefits including: AXA Private Healthcare, BUPA Dental Plan, Cycle Scheme
- Employee Discount Program
- Discounted access to university sports and wellness facilities
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
We will pay particular attention to candidates who wish to work flexibly and special consideration will be given to candidates who have taken a career break. The University has a generous maternity policy (subject to qualifying criteria) and on-site childcare facilities.
It is an exciting time to join the University of Southampton as we pursue our mission to change the world for the better. We are a place of opportunity and inspiration that attracts the most talented staff and students from the UK and around the world.
You must submit your completed online application form to https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The deadline for applications will be midnight on the closing date listed above. If you require assistance please call Holly Shergold (Human Resources Recruitment Team) on +44 (0)23 8059 4043 or email [email protected] Please quote reference 1983222FG in all correspondence.