Sinclair seeks to attract an academically and culturally diverse faculty who fulfills the college’s mission with dedication, innovation, and commitment to the success of every student. The Division of Science, Mathematics and Engineering is calling for applications for a tenure-track Professor of Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) in the Department of Aviation Technology which will begin on January 2, 2022.
Consideration of applications will begin on October 25, 2021.
Achieve the six critical performance areas that define a tenure-track faculty position:
- Scholarships and Professional Growth: Maintain and seek to improve timeliness and skills in the discipline and as a teacher
- Facilitation of teaching and learning: Participate in the continuous development and implementation of the department’s curriculum through teaching that reflects a strong commitment to foster student success
- Assessment and Assessment: Implement assessments according to established standards and use assessment data to continuously improve teaching and learning
- Student Development: Through classroom and non-classroom initiatives, actively seek to advance each student’s development and ability to meet their educational goals
- Program Design: In collaboration with colleagues, actively contribute to the ongoing review and revision of the department’s program
- Workplace and Community Service: Contribute to the functioning and advancement of the college through committee services and other activities
The following specific responsibilities related to the ministry:
- Promote program development and enrollment growth in the Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) program
- Participate in, market and promote Sinclair aviation programs to professional companies, industry associations, air shows and other events as applicable
- Teach courses involving UAS operations, sensors, maintenance, design, data analysis, crew resource management, human factors, navigation, FAA regulations and other related courses
Terms & Conditions
- A minimum of a master’s degree is required, a bachelor’s degree with significant industry experience and related certifications may be initially accepted in place of a master’s degree. A master’s degree is required to be able to apply for tenure. Applicants who do not have a master’s degree are eligible for the position, but will need to obtain a master’s degree before being eligible for tenure.
- At least three years of relevant aviation experience in an operational, managerial, technical or educational role in UAS or related aviation industry required
- FAA certificates corresponding to relevant aviation experience, preferred
- SUAS part 107 remote pilot certificate required
- Private pilot, instrument and commercial ratings preferred
- Experience with unmanned aerial systems (UAS) required
- A demonstrated commitment to enhancing student learning through innovative strategies that help students succeed at the required course and program level
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community required
- Demonstrated skills in the use of modern educational technologies, including multimedia teaching required
An employment contract will not be issued without the receipt of official transcripts of all post-secondary degrees and the successful completion of a background check.