Senior Java Developer
Work within the software engineering team which;
- Sets standards for software coding, testing and quality.
- Works closely with BA and PO teams on the effective transition of Behavior Driven Development and Swaggers as part of the overall workflow.
- Defines the scope, schedule and objectives for the delivery of functional software.
- Transcribe full documentation.
- Provide support for production transitions and migrations as needed.
- Analyzes and resolves technical and application problems.
Support the Scrum Master
- Participate and provide support in all ceremonies related to the scrum.
- Provide clear reports on the status of the scope, schedule and delivery progress of functional software.
- Help set up a strong after-hours support process.
- Help prioritize bugs and faults.
Provide advice and mentorship:
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and associated code.
- Provide technical advice to team software engineers through coaching and mentoring.
- Identify and encourage areas of growth, education and development within the team.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Confidence in expressing ideas within a creative team.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral) and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter capable of working under pressure.
- Curious and committed to lifelong learning and professional development.
- Excellent coding ability.
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in the design and development of microservices.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with API concepts and technologies.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in systems integration.
- Development experience within an agile methodology.
- Experience in 3-tier, n-tier cloud computing, microservices architectures and service-oriented architecture.
- A senior developer with more than 7 years of experience with the following skills:
- Atlassian Suite: Jira, Confluence.
- Microservices with Spring-boot / Java 8+.
- Spring cloud pattern.
- Unit tests with Spring-boot.
- Postman and Newman (command line runner) teams.
- Openshift / Kubernetes / Docker.
- Understanding of API gateways.
- OpenAPI specification (Swagger).
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Integration into backends via different protocols (SOAP, REST, YAML etc).
- CI / CD (Jenkins, pipelines, etc.).
- APIGEE API Gateway.
- Azure DevOps
- The following additional skills would be beneficial:
- Reactive spring
- Kubernetes pivot
- Azure pipelines
- Data modeling
Salary: Negotiable depending on the skill level and the number of years of experience required.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only selected candidates will be contacted. You are welcome to call our offices for more information on [Phone Number Removed];.