Reports to: Responsible for:
VP, Publicity Work with senior team members to create and execute effective media campaigns for Nettwerk artists
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history of over 35 years. Nettwerk operates a global organization with offices in major cities around the world and infrastructure to match. At Nettwerk, we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate changes in consumer behavior and effectively leverage technology to put great music in the hands of fans.
We are looking for inspired, knowledgeable and energetic people to help us deliver on this promise.
We work with over 180 artists from different genres with an overarching philosophy to help inspire creatives to grow their careers and realize their vision.
The Publicist will work alongside the publicity team to execute effective media campaigns for Nettwerk artists and monitor artists’ media presence through high quality organization and attention to detail. The job requires a highly motivated multi-tasker with strong writing, research and interpersonal skills. Applicants must be organized, ambitious and team-oriented with a strong knowledge of music and entertainment media and a proven track record of working with national and regional media including online, print, blogs, TV bookers , NPR producers, podcast producers and social media / influencers.
- Plan and execute effective short and long term media campaigns in national and regional outlets for Nettwerk artists
- Create and distribute press releases around major assets (singles, videos, eps, albums, tours, etc.) with careful tracking to maximize placement and coverage.
- Collect and maintain artist assets (long and short biographies, press photos)
- Work with the label marketing team (marketing, online, radio, sales and managers) to help create and execute integrated marketing plans
- Track and report media coverage of artists
- Update and maintain press database
Qualified candidates for this position must have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in music advertising
- Extremely strong writing skills with proven experience writing press releases and presentations
- Good understanding of music media, especially online media
- Thorough knowledge and active use of social media platforms
- Relationships already established with the media and influencers, an asset
- Very organized with great attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Adaptable to change and proactive
- Basic computer skills, like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.
Please send cover letter and CV to [email protected], with the subject: Role of publicist. We thank all inquiries; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.