Manager, ADA Properties, Events and Compliance
The American Dental Association is dedicated to the promotion of public health through its research, education, advocacy, public awareness and standards development initiatives.
The Manager, ADA Properties, Events and Compliance will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of ADA Townhouse and Senate property. Duties include securing and maintaining vendors for interior design, catering, security, internet / phone / cable service, and cleaning services. This position will be responsible for event planning, concierge services and all financial aspects related to accounts payable and receivable, as well as leading the interns assigned to the townhouse. This position will also assist with internal ADA-related compliance, Crown corporation compliance, and Federal Election Commission (FEC) compliance and ranking.
- BS / BA with a minimum of 5 years in the management of accounting functions with a political action committee. Instead of a BS / BA, a minimum of 9 years of experience is required.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and perform multiple missions simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with member dentists, external organizations, members of Congress and their staff.
- Must be able to use initiative and judgment in determining the most accurate, feasible and productive method of accomplishing a task.
- Must have excellent oral / written, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Must be attentive to detail and be able to work independently.
- Must have basic knowledge of federal electoral law.
- Must know how to perform detailed analysis of financial data, member information and FEC compliance information.
- Must master the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travel will be 3 nights of 3 days for the annual meeting and 2 meetings of the ADPAC Board of Directors.
Highly desirable skills:
- Previous experience in event planning and real estate operations.
- Working knowledge of Aptify and / or Aristotle.
- Working knowledge of PAC databases.