Objective(s) of the position
- Develops and executes strategies for the development of Montaigne’s target market at the corporate and point-of-sale level.
- Proactively identifies and develops business development opportunities for Montaigne through the introduction of new products and services, as well as the enhancement of existing product/service lines.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting all activities necessary for the preparation and opening of retail branches.
- Functionally reports to: Chief Operation Officer
- Administratively reports to: General Manager
- Supervises: Manager, Training
- Brand manager.
duties and responsibilities
Merchandise planning and management:
- Liaise with Montaigne’s manufacturing/sourcing arm on orders, quantities, designs/assortments, delivery dates and payment terms in conjunction with the General Manager
- Responsible for developing pricing policy by harmonizing/aligning prices of different stock items and determining standard marginal prices for all items
- Promote or reduce the prices of the worst-selling ranges while monitoring the best-selling ranges
- Set and adjust prices and decide on markdowns in collaboration with the General Manager
- Develop a merchandise budget for the appropriate time periods
- Work with the Inventory Administrator to plan stock levels, move inventory and ensure top selling items are always available
- Oversee the creation of visual displays and the general appearance of each point of sale.
Marketing planning and management:
- Responsible for researching the dynamics of Montaigne’s target market i.e. buying behavior, buying power, age range, social status, profession, etc. to develop marketing strategies tailored to their unique lifestyles
- Use the POS sales report to analyze customer information and develop recommendations to ensure business goals are met. Identify new markets that can improve the organization’s results
- Gather sales information from previous years for statistics on returns, markdowns, and any stock carryovers
- Create an annual marketing plan and budget to facilitate it Interact with the design team on trending information i.e. new designs, latest outfits and plan accordingly.
- Develop and manage the Montaigne brand and all brands in the company’s portfolio
- Design and execute the marketing/promotional schedule for all company brands across all outlets and surrounding areas
- Designs and executes marketing strategies for all new designs to reach customers and communicate brand message
- Communicates with all outlets to ensure strategy integration and messaging aligns with overall Montaigne objective
- Designs and executes Montaigne’s mass marketing/promotion calendar in all branches and surrounding areas.
Key performance indicators
- Market share % Increase in sales and margin of promotions
- Launch of a customer loyalty program
- Number of new customers added to the database
- Number of new markets/outlets opened
- Number of new products as a result of research
- Align marketing goals with overall organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
Required Skills :
- Sales and Marketing
- Customer service
- Communication and media
- Administration and management
- Public relations.
- communication skills
- Personal skills
- Leadership qualities
- Negotiation techniques
- computer skills
- Relationship management.
Click here to apply