The post holder will work closely with academics, community researchers and experts by experience at the ESRC Center for Society and Mental Health (CSMH), as well as community groups and organizations from the public sector, local authorities and statutory services to maximize engagement and impact. of, and our ongoing research into; youth mental health (led by Professors Craig Morgan and Helen Fisher), marginalized communities (led by Professors Stephani Hatch and Hanna Kienzler) and labor and welfare reform (led by Professors Karen Glaser and Ben Baumberg Geiger).
The Center has ambitious goals to expand our engagement activities to raise our profile, disseminate our research and positively impact social policies and interventions to prevent and mitigate the effects of mental health problems, particularly in groups marginalized and vulnerable.
Under the direction of the Impact Project Manager, you will support engagement and impact activities by providing project coordination for events, seminars, podcast episodes, publications, social media and outreach initiatives. partnership. The incumbent will develop communications for internal and external audiences and create content for social media campaigns. You will also work closely with the Faculty’s communications teams to update and manage the Centre’s presence on the King’s website.
The job holder will be encouraged and supported to utilize the wide range of training and career development resources at King’s College London and within CSMH. Applicants from racial and ethnic minority groups and those who have experienced inequality are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will be offered on a 12-month fixed-term contract
This is a full-time position (35 hours per week)
The Impact and Engagement Officer will carry out the following activities:
- Support the Centre’s Impact Project Manager to deliver, monitor and evaluate our impact strategy, including our events, results and other activities.
- Coordination of event logistics (including in-person, online and hybrid events) such as: writing invitations, writing briefs, liaising with caterers and venues, finding vendor quotes, creating event pages events, implementation of Zoom functions and ensuring the smooth running of events
- Help desk communications and marketing, including liaising with relevant teams to update the website, create new digital content and social media marketing materials, develop press releases and related campaign. support publications and other communications, including our podcast.
- Assistance with project management, including identifying and formulating guest lists, tracking event registrations, sending reminders and invitations to events, creating badges, locations, programs and other media
- Proactively support the Impact Projects Manager to increase the center’s exposure, including by consolidating and growing the mailing list, formulating new target audiences and identifying multiplier partners
- Analyze data to assess current audience demographics and engagement levels, including website tracking and social media metrics reporting
- Support the dissemination of Center research and activities, including the creation and sharing of digital content for social media – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake the duties and responsibilities reasonably expected within the scope and classification of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A high level of oral and written English is required to ensure high quality communication with a large audience
- Highly organized, with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with different teams
- Strong proficiency in online platforms and content management systems – Zoom, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Canva – and social media platforms LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Teams and SharePoint.
- Experience in project coordination, event planning and/or communications related roles
- Experience communicating and engaging professionally with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to adjust tone and style as needed
- Experience building strong and equitable working relationships with diverse and/or marginalized groups
- Experience in discreet and appropriate handling of sensitive/confidential matters
- Degree, HND, NVQ 4 qualified or equivalent in a relevant subject / relevant formal training, plus relevant experience in similar or related roles
1. An interest in the work of the Center or related areas of mental health
2. Initiative to perform tasks without continuous supervision and ability to make decisions based on good judgment
3. Experience working with InDesign to create branded publications or willingness to learn.
4. Interest in evaluating and effecting change through research.
5. Experience in podcast production, such as recording, editing and/or broadcasting, or a willingness to learn.