Contract: CDD 1 year
Salary: £29,492 – £34,987 per year
An independent global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI (odi.org) is an independent global think tank. We work to inspire people to take action against injustice and inequality. Through research, convening and influencing, we generate ideas that matter to people and the planet.
ODI’s Development and Public Finance (DPF) program helps governments and financial institutions put in place effective fiscal policies that support equitable and sustainable societies. Through research, analysis and advisory services, the program focuses on five key outcomes: enhanced macroeconomic stability, efficient and equitable public services, more competent bureaucracies, more efficient tax systems and the use of public funds to mobilize private capital.
We are looking for an editor who will work with the DPF team to help researchers transform complex written productions into clear and engaging narratives. This is part of ODI’s commitment to increasing the impact of our analysis and research through the provision of first-class communications.
You will ensure that the intellectual rigor and editorial quality of all DPF’s written productions are maintained. Working with ODI communications colleagues, you will be expected to help increase the impact and accessibility of research across the DPF portfolio.
Main responsibilities include:
- Substantive/development editing, editing and proofreading for DPF written outputs, including reports, policy briefs, emerging analysis and blogs.
- Work closely with researchers to shape the content of their written work, making it clear, well-structured and impactful.
- Coordinate the development of publications, working with authors and freelancers to plan and develop outputs from concept note to publication.
- Editing and maintenance of the DPF web pages on the ODI website
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize tasks independently.
- Ability to work to strict and competitive deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and communicate constructively with colleagues at all seniority levels and from different cultures.
- Ability to shape content for different audiences and assist authors with structure and content through development editing.
- Great attention to detail.
- Confident initiative and problem solver – ability to generate plans and ideas and see them through.
- Ability to quickly adopt new software and tools; a desire to learn new skills.
- Strong computer skills, with excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Word)
Deadline: Sunday, April 3, 2022
Interview date: w/c April 11, 2022
For more information, please download an application package from our website at Careers | ODI: Think about change. If you are having difficulty downloading, please call 020 7922 0351 or email [email protected].
ODI is committed to developing and supporting diverse and inclusive teams of people who share our passion, where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of flexible, family-friendly and inclusive employment policies to support colleagues from diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
ODI is a Charity Reg Equal Opportunity Employer. No. 228248