The Children’s Aid Society of Algoma is looking for a Child and Family Support Worker for their East Algoma office.
The Child and Family Support Worker will provide services to children/youth and families with the aim of mitigating risk, building capacity and increasing resilience. The Child and Family Support Worker will be available to provide family visitation opportunities, in-home support service, reunification plans, crisis support and intervention to the child and his or her parent or caregiver. The Child and Family Support Worker will be able to provide support in skills development, education, assessment, behavioral and emotional needs training, and community attachment and bonding for parents and caregivers. The nature of this position may require flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends and irregular hours.
• Minimum education: postsecondary diploma in the field of social services
• Desired education: University degree in human sciences
• Experience working with children and families, understanding family dynamics, the unique challenges of an in-home service model, and the multitude of social and political barriers that place children and families at risk of being involved in the child protection system
• Experience working with multiple levels of social and family systems theories
• Knowledge of group development and facilitation skills
• Knowledge of relevant community partners, resources and referral processes
• Ability to work independently and self-motivated as well as being part of a team
• Ability to write clear, concise and goal-oriented reports in a timely manner
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
• Possess a valid driver’s license, clear driving record and criminal record
• Possess a certification in CPR / first aid
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants should make any requests for accommodations for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources department.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone. Please send your resume to:
Human resources department
Algoma Children’s Aid Society
191 North East Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6B 4H8