CARE seeks a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and where all live in dignity and security. CARE provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria and refugee assistance in southern Turkey to those affected by the Syrian crisis. In response to the increase in cross-border humanitarian work of CARE’s Syrian response, the program is now working to undertake direct implementation inside northwestern Syria to meet humanitarian needs, improve quality of our programming and maximize response capacity and support to CARE partners. We are looking for a confident, dynamic, innovative and resourceful person to join the regional office as Area OER Wizard to be based at Jarablusnorth of Aleppo, Syria.
Summary of work
The LER Regional Assistant will be a member of the regional office program team and will report directly to the region’s OER Program Officer. The Regional LER Assistant will support the day-to-day implementation of effective and high-quality implementation of CARE’s direct LER programming in North Aleppo. Regional LER Assistant responsible for ensuring that activities are in line with community and beneficiary needs and that project activities are implemented with high quality. This role will provide the agreed detailed implementation plans for project activities, track implementation tools to track progress and monitor the context. He/she will be responsible for carrying out planned activities and selection of BNFs which must comply with CARE donor policies, SOPs and regulations. Responsible for ensuring proper project documentation and compilation of project data, sharing information with the LER Officer and ensuring that activities are progressing according to the implementation plan.
The person is expected to have good interpersonal, understanding, cooperation, organizational skills, a great ability to work within a team to take initiatives and influencing skills to support policies and advocacy.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Professional liability #1 Project implementation 50%
- Assist the Regional LER Officer in developing messages regarding project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and oversee the dissemination of these messages to beneficiaries and stakeholders .
- Participate in the design of the community mobilization strategy and implementation plan; ensure that participatory methods are used to include the community in planning and design.
- Lead community mobilization – explain project activities, objectives and goals to target communities
- Facilitate finalization of beneficiary selection criteria with target communities and share feedback with LER Officer
- Report any issues or challenges to the LER in a timely manner and take appropriate follow-up action after discussion with relevant staff.
- Directly involved in the implementation of activities, ensuring that target beneficiaries are aware of planned activities and locations, in accordance with security advice
- Ensure timely and technically sound planning, implementation and monitoring of LER activities/projects, including other responsibilities, in assigned areas
- With the support of the LER Officer, prepare and maintain work plans and expenditure plans, in accordance with project documents.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and resolve unforeseen issues during project implementation
- Ensure that the correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are followed, including that adequate verification of BNFs is carried out and that this is in accordance with agreed standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that the weekly work plan is implemented and that any changes are reported to the LER agent.
Professional Liability #2 Administrative monitoring of project implementation. 35%
- In coordination with relevant LER and M&E staff, monitor project development by collecting data and documenting all activities in accordance with the established logframe/M&E system requirements; prepare relevant reports.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed and relevant documentation is completed.
- Ensure that all relevant implementation documents are compiled in accordance with CARE policies and procedures
- Liaise and work with beneficiaries and community representatives and other project staff to ensure accountability and best use of project resources.
- Ensure that the correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are followed by the LER team.
- Assist the LER agent in following up with security staff, finance team and logistics staff to ensure that distributions are carried out appropriately (e.g. stocks are available, security situation is conducive to safe distribution, vehicles are available for the transport of personnel and goods)
- Ensure proper filing and filing of hard copies and soft copies of all CARE LER implemented activities are organized and ready.
Professional liability #3 Project quality. %15
- Contribute to the refinement of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools, and the harmonization of methodologies and tools based on LER, CCCM and Treasury in the region.
- Work closely with the M&E team, review LER interventions, update data collection tools and analyze beneficiary database in collaboration with the data management team.
- Perform regular price and market monitoring and share results with LER Agent and Data Management Team.
- Actively participate lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
- Comply with CARE’s policies and practices on gender and diversity, child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and equal opportunity.
- Any other task as needed.
- University degree in a relevant field Agricultural Engineering, Veterinary Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration
- Qualification in project management (PMD, PMP, PRINCE2)
- Livelihoods and value chain trainings
- At least 2 years of experience in the humanitarian sector, including at least 1 year in the LER sector.
- Experience working on cash, voucher or food distributions or other OER programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, changing priorities and deadline constraints.
- Experience with do no harm approaches in a humanitarian context, preferably in the Syrian context
- Experience working with INGOs and full understanding of the LER cash-based response program system.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of policies, protocols and procedures of international NGOs and donor agencies.
- Positive attitude
- Highly skilled in organizing large scale, fast and responsive field programs.
- Strong ability to provide team building, coaching and staff development, as well as fostering cross-functional collaboration and cooperation.
- Advanced professional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and computer system knowledge.
- Excellent proven communication skills including working with multiple stakeholder groups including children.
- Ability to work in both an advisory and practical implementation capacity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and work independently.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The ability and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes precarious working conditions.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Ability to work well in volatile and changing security environments.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong written communication skills, including effective report writing
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work effectively in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Ability to communicate ideas in a manner that is culturally sensitive and conducive to their practical application
- Fluent Arabic
- English skills are desired.
Child protection policy
Child abuse in any form is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and applies a zero tolerance approach to any type of child abuse and exploitation. Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, origin nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability or military status. CARE employees and related personnel shall not engage in any form of discrimination, harassment or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or otherwise violate the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability or military status. status. CARE employees and related personnel shall not engage in any form of discrimination, harassment or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or otherwise violate the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
A valid identity is required for work possession, and the candidate can only start working at CARE upon delivery of all required documents, also by submitting any false or incorrect documents, the offer of employment will be canceled or the employment contract will be terminated if the falsification of files or certificates is detected. Later
How to register
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a cover letter (in a separate file of maximum A4 page) outlining how your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, by following the link provided:
Applications in languages other than English will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted * CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer