Here you will find a successful, robust, and exciting business with a world-class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive compensation, first-class benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished industry leaders.
The company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on the airwaves in 1954 and we’ve grown and evolved ever since! We are proud to be the information leader in Northern Michigan! We strive every day to build community partnerships and to inform, educate and entertain our viewers across broadcast, print and digital platforms.
The position: This position requires a very personable person with the ability to lead digital and broadcast-focused strategies while maintaining a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset. The focus of this role will be to generate new business while increasing revenue for existing large accounts which will include what are traditionally referred to as regional accounts and may also include some national direct accounts (including agencies).
- Employee medical and dental insurance paid 100% by the company
- Medical and dental insurance for dependents
- vision insurance
- 401K with a corporate match
- 17 days of PTO
- Unlimited sick time
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus
- Clothing and care allowances
- Moving allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. New ideas are welcome and encouraged!
- Motivating and Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you’ll find that our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team achievements, and love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department can do everything. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement each other to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know that to have all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Build and maintain relationships with account decision makers, decision influencers and key business partners.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding new revenue, revenue retention and sales performance goals.
- Must be comfortable discussing the digital marketing landscape at a strategic level with executive level titles.
- Develop compelling value propositions based on cost/benefit ROI analysis.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Track and analyze sales on a monthly basis, adjusting the plan accordingly to ensure maximum performance.
- Ensure operations run smoothly, working closely with internal teams such as Finance, Lake Effect, Traffic and IT.
- Maintain a positive, professional and total customer service attitude and demonstrate the company’s core values.
- Strong communication, discovery, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to think outside the box to develop and secure non-traditional revenue opportunities and sponsorships.
- Possess a collaborative spirit to drive and support sales growth strategies across the organization.
- Directly supervise the two Key Account Managers currently in place
- Education and/or Experience – 3+ years of sales experience with a focus on new business development and digital services.
- Competitive, efficient. Is responsible for the results.
- Listen objectively and check for understanding.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects under time pressure.
- Attention to detail and precision essential.
- Ability to effectively solve problems. Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management skills.
The location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful northern Michigan. The position will be located in Traverse City, Michigan. It’s a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and the opportunity for year-round outdoor adventures!
If you are interested, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Are you ready? Are you excited? Let’s talk!
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO employer.